Information and Download
Information on the acquisition of credit points (ECTS):
In our lecture program you find both ZAK seminars, as well as lectures offered by faculties of KIT. Credits can be acquired in all seminars offered by ZAK. Please discuss with the relevant lecturer, which academic performances are required for the credits you wish to achieve.
- 2 credits: Regular active participation, maybe cooperation with other course members for designing small presentations or similar tasks.
- 3 credits: Regular active participation and preparation of oral presentation, protocol, reflection paper or short essay.
- 4 credits: Regular active participation, oral presentation and written essay (8-10 pages, 24.000-30.000 characters) or oral exam (25 – 30 mins) or written exam.
- 5 credits: Regular active participation, oral presentation and written essay (10-15 pages, 30.000-45.000 characters) or oral exam (25 – 30 mins) or written exam.
- 6 credits: Regular active participation, oral presentation and written essay (15 – 20 pages, 45.000-60.000 characters).
In consultation, a written exam or oral exam with additional written performance is possible. In case you wish to achieve credits in one of the lectures listed in the ZAK lecture program, which are offered by KIT faculties, please discuss this with the relevant lecturer.
Style and citation rules
Please follow the standard style and citation rules for scientific papers. Whenever referring to someone else’s thoughts or quoting directly or indirectly from another publication, references must be included in your text and the attached List of References.
For style and citation rules please refer to the MLA Formatting and Style Guide.
If you want to write a paper for any of the ZAK courses, please be aware that you should meet the well-established academic standards. Any material used from the work of others (in books, articles, essays, on the internet, etc.) must be acknowledged, and quotations and paraphrases should clearly be indicated. Together with your paper you need to hand in the signed plagiarism declaration which you can download here.