Challenge Demographic Change
In the winter term 2013/14 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale deals with the changing population structure in Germany as well as in the rest of the world.
World (Market) Society: On Trade with Goods, Data and Humans
From 14th until 16th February 2014 the 18. Karlsruhe Dialogues will take place
As submission to the Science in Dialogue contest “Fast Forward Science 2013”, ZAK presents an animated extract from a lecture held by Richard David Precht at the 60th Jubilee of the Studium Generale.
Being one of twenty-four selected organizations, the German Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation will be present at the Citizens´ Festival of the Federal President Joachim Gauck in Berlin on August 30th and 31st 2013.
The ZAK course catalogue includes comprehensive subject descriptions for each course. A printed copy is available at ZAK or at several locations on campus.
Please register here for all courses.
CODIGT is dedicated to the task of contributing to the preservation of digital cultural heritage and research data. CODIGT is co-funded by KIT, ZKM - Centre for Art and Media Karlsruhe, and the University of Arts and Design Karlsruhe.
Since March 2012 the ZAK, together with the Goethe Institute, coordinates the German network of the Anna Lindh Foundation. The collaborative, nationwide series of events of the network on the subject “Migration and Flight” took place from October until December 2012
This volume addresses the topic of organised crime from a sociological, economic, criminological, and judicial perspective, and offers approaches to possible solutions.
A Concise ProfileThe ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies