Brexit and Thoughts on Europe
Already in February, the 20th Karlsruhe Dialogues “NationEurope: The Polarised Solidarity Community” have discussed intensively and controversially the current state of Europe and a possible Brexit.
Sea and Men
In the summer term 2016 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale focuses on diverse fields of oceanography. The opening lecture was given by Prof. Dr. Reinhold Leinfelder on Thursday, 12 May 2016.
On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 scientists of the KIT Climate and Environment Center presented fascinating research relating to climate change and conservation of resources.
From 22 - 23 April 2016 ZAK hosted a scientific symposium on mobility and localisation. The symposium took place as a closing event of the European Culture Days 2016 “Migration - happiness | misery | foreignness” at Industrie- and Handelskammer Karlsruhe (Chamber of Industry and Commerce Karlsruhe).
The 11th edition of the filmseries “Traumfabrik” is showing movies with and about contract killers. It started on Sunday, 1 May 2016 at Filmtheatre Schauburg Karlsruhe, Marienstr. 16.
Watch out for the latest events of KIT Symphony Orchestra, KIT Choir, Bigband and other tremendous ensembles as well as current information about what is going on in Public Science by visiting our event calendar.
A Concise Profile
The ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies
Picture (KIT at City Hall): „Green Globe on Moss“: © Romolo Tavani / fotolia.com