On the move. Nowhere at home?
From 22 - 23 April 2016 ZAK hosted a scientific symposium on mobility and localisation. The symposium took place as a closing event of the European Culture Days 2016 “Migration - happiness | misery | foreignness” at Industrie- and Handelskammer Karlsruhe (Chamber of Industry and Commerce Karlsruhe).
Sea and Men
In the summer term 2016 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale focuses on diverse fields of oceanography. The opening lecture will be given by Prof. Dr. Reinhold Leinfelder on Thursday, 12 May 2016.
In the winter term 2015/16 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale focused on impacts of the new global power China. The opening lecture was given by Dr. Volker Stanzel, former German ambassador in China, on Thursday, 19 November 2015.
Filmtheatre Schauburg Karlsruhe celebrated the jubilee of TRAUMFABRIK by dedicating its 10th edition of the filmseries to the popular cult director and filmmaker Quentin Tarantino. The retrospective started on Sunday, 25 October 2015 at Filmtheatre Schauburg Karlsruhe, Marienstr. 16.
On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 the nationwide activity of the German Network of Anna Lindh Foundation started. Under the motto “New Neighborhoods” several events took place in 20 cities throughout Germany from October until December 2015. You can follow the activities in this Blog.
Watch out for the latest events of KIT Symphony Orchestra, KIT Choir, Bigband and other tremendous ensembles as well as current information about what is going on in Public Science by visiting our event calendar.
A Concise Profile
The ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies