Project partners from four European University are discussing from March 5 – 7, 2014 the opportunities of technical education in times of demographic change. Interested guests are welcome.
World (Market) Society: On Trade with Goods, Data and Humans
From 14th until 16th February 2014 the 18. Karlsruhe Dialogues took place.
A decade after its creation, the Anna Lindh Foundation has involved many thousands of citizens in joint projects in the fields of education, culture and media, and runs the largest civil society Network working for dialogue in the Mediterranean region. Since March 2012 the ZAK, together with the Goethe Institute, coordinates the German network of the Anna Lindh Foundation.
The international scientific symposium takes places from 16 – 18 May, 2014. It is part of the 22th European Days of Culture “Peace + War. 2014 – 1914”
The new online publication of the ZAK deals with current global protest movements and gives a voice to young researchers, journalists, and artists.
The German Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation invites all members warmly to participate in the annual meeting from the 10th to 11th of March 2014 in Bochum, Germany. The Network meeting will be followed by the Cluster "Science", where all interested members are welcomed.
As submission to the Science in Dialogue contest “Fast Forward Science 2013”, ZAK presents an animated extract from a lecture held by Richard David Precht at the 60th Jubilee of the Studium Generale.
CODIGT is dedicated to the task of contributing to the preservation of digital cultural heritage and research data. CODIGT is co-funded by KIT, ZKM - Centre for Art and Media Karlsruhe, and the University of Arts and Design Karlsruhe.
A Concise ProfileThe ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies