The E-Installation project aims to preserve media artworks from being forgotton. This is achieved by using telepresence technology and virtual reproduction.
Anna Lindh Report on Intercultural Trends 2014
For the second time members of the Anna Lindh Foundation are invited to the Citizens Festival of the Federal President of Germany 2014 in Bellevue Palace in Germany. The talk will take place on September 6th.
Currently published: The "Anna Lindh Report on Intercultural Trends 2014" shows trends in the mutual perception of the citizens in the Euro-Mediterranean region and analyzes the development of attitudes related to intercultural coexistence.
Journalist Francesca Caferri contributes to the online publication of the ZAK with an article on “The Arab Spring as a Women’s Revolution”.
In the summer term 2014 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale dedicates itself to the technology behind our digital society. The Colloquium Fundamentale will start on May 8th.
In September and October 2014, the next series of events of the German Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation will take place.
CODIGT is dedicated to the task of contributing to the preservation of digital cultural heritage and research data. CODIGT is co-funded by KIT, ZKM - Centre for Art and Media Karlsruhe, and the University of Arts and Design Karlsruhe.
A Concise ProfileThe ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies