Still at War! From Poison Gas to Drones
The international scientific symposium took place from 16 – 18 May, 2014. It was part of the 22th European Days of Culture “Peace + War. 2014 – 1914”
The Critical Stage. Young Voices on Crucial Topics
Journalist Francesca Caferri contributes to the online publication of the ZAK with an article on “The Arab Spring as a Women’s Revolution”.
In the summer term 2014 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale dedicates itself to the technology behind our digital society. The Colloquium Fundamentale will start on May 8th.
In September and October 2014, the next series of events of the German Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation will take place. Members of the Foundation are invited along with their partners to submit events to this year's theme „The Mediterranean on the Spot: Encounters”.
The ZAK course catalogue includes comprehensive subject descriptions for each course. A printed copy is available at ZAK or at several locations on campus. Please register here for all courses.
Project partners from four European University discussed from March 5 – 7, 2014 the opportunities of technical education in times of demographic change. Interested guests are welcome.
CODIGT is dedicated to the task of contributing to the preservation of digital cultural heritage and research data. CODIGT is co-funded by KIT, ZKM - Centre for Art and Media Karlsruhe, and the University of Arts and Design Karlsruhe.
A Concise ProfileThe ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies