New Nationalisms – A Consequence of a Globalised World?
In the winter term 2016/17 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale deals with the topic “New Nationalisms – A Consequence of a Globalised World?”.
KIT in City Hall
On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 6:30 pm scientists of the KIT Center Information · Systems · Technologies (KCIST) will present fascinating research relating to Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
Amir Heinitz and Marian Reda, flatmates in Cairo during the Egyptian Revolution, contribute e-mail excerpts to the online publication of the ZAK.
Dramatist Mike van Graan gave a talk on the South African perspective on Germany and social developments in his home country on Tuesday, 15 November 2016.
In the winter semester 2016/17, the ZAK launched a new event series in cooperation with the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung. The series’ kick off on 7 November 2016 dealt with “Digitalisation: Download Culture and Its Consequences”. Guests from the fields of science and business debated both in a panel session and with the audience.
In the winter semester 2016/17, in the framework of International Forum, Prof. Dr. Gilles Kepel spoke about the topic of his new book “Terreur dans l'Hexagone”. His lecture about terror in France took place on Thursday, 27 October 2016.
Check our event calendar for the next concerts of KIT Symphony Orchestra, KIT Choir, Bigband and other great ensembles, as well as for current information on Public Science events.
A Concise Profile
The ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies