|Summer term 2017
The annotated ZAK course catalogue for the summer term 2017 is available online as PDF. The registration period starts now!
Within the scope of the EU-funded project MIGRASCOPE, the ZAK and project partners from various countries are developing concepts to support migrants and employers in the integration process into the labor market.
The ZAK and the Wissenschaftsbüro of the Stadtmarketing Karlsruhe GmbH invite filmmakers worldwide to submit films on scientific topics for the “Karlsruhe Science Film Days 2017” until 15 May 2017. The best film will win the “KIT Science Film Award”, which is endowed with prize money of 5,000 Euros.
Urban, global, digital: As of Wednesday, 10 May 2017, the City Conversations (Stadtgepräche) will address different attributes of the concept ‘home’ within the framework of the Heimattage Baden-Württemberg.
The Turkish scientist Prof. Dr. Hande Birkalan-Gedik gave a lecture (in English) about Human Condition and Refugee Crisis in the last part of the series “World Science Café” on 15 February 2017.
Amir Heinitz and Marian Reda, flatmates in Cairo during the Egyptian Revolution, contribute e-mail excerpts to the online publication of the ZAK.
From now on you can also gain pictorial insights into the working life at the ZAK and impressions of ZAK events on Instagram. You can find us under #zak_karlsruhe
A Concise Profile
The ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies
Picture (City Conversations): David Dieschburg / photocase.com