Digital Archiving – Tasks and Implementation Strategies
November 14, 2014, 9-18 CET
The ZAK winter session catalogue including courses taught in English is now available online! The registration period for all ZAK courses starts on Wednesday, October 15th, 12am.
On 10 December Peter Spuhler, Gizem A. Weber and Dr. Cengiz Günay discussed the topic "Quo vadis, Turkey? Scenarios and perspectives " in the ballroom of the Studentenhaus at KIT.
In the winter term 2014/15 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale dedicates itself to the consequences of the digitalization for our society.
The E-Installation project aims to preserve media artworks from being forgotton. This is achieved by using telepresence technology and virtual reproduction.
Currently published: The "Anna Lindh Report on Intercultural Trends 2014" shows trends in the mutual perception of the citizens in the Euro-Mediterranean region and analyzes the development of attitudes related to intercultural coexistence.
Journalist Francesca Caferri contributes to the online publication of the ZAK with an article on “The Arab Spring as a Women’s Revolution”.
In September and October 2014, the next series of events of the German Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation took place.
A Concise ProfileThe ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies