NationEUrope: The Polarised Solidarity Community
From 19 – 21 February the 20th Karlsruhe Dialogues will discuss the present state as well as the future of the European Union.
Middle Kingdom – Quo vadis? China Between Major Developments and Stagnation
In the winter term 2015/16 the course of lectures Colloquium Fundamentale focuses on impacts of the new global power China. The opening lecture was given by Dr. Volker Stanzel, former German ambassador in China, on Thursday, 19 November 2015 in the NTI-Hörsaal (Geb. 30.10). Free admission.
Filmtheatre Schauburg Karlsruhe celebrates the jubilee of TRAUMFABRIK by dedicating its 10th edition of the filmseries to the popular cult director and filmmaker Quentin Tarantino. The retrospective will start on Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 3 p.m. at Filmtheatre Schauburg Karlsruhe, Marienstr. 16.
On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 the nationwide activity of the German Network of Anna Lindh Foundation started. Under the motto “New Neighborhoods” several events took place in 20 cities throughout Germany from October until December 2015. You can follow the activities in this Blog.
Together with Akademischer Filmkreis (AFK) and with KIT International Affairs, ZAK dedicated an evening to Costa Rica. The screening of the film “Dos Aguas” took place in presence of film director Patricia Velásquez and composer Oscar Herrera on Tuesday, 8 December 2015.
In cooperation with Tel Aviv University Berlin and Kinemathek Karlsruhe E.V. ZAK presented a selection of shorts by young Israeli filmmakers on Wednesday, 4 November 2015 to celebrate the jubilee “50 Years Diplomatic Relations Israel – Germany”.
Watch out for the latest events of KIT Symphony Orchestra, KIT Choir, Bigband and other tremendous ensembles as well as current information about what is going on in Public Science by visiting our event calendar.
A Concise Profile
The ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies