ZAK: Science meets society
As responsible corporate institutions, research universities experience new challenges: they are expected to provide innovative an highly specialised new and robust knowledge; unintended social and cultural effects are to be adequately anticipated; and both scientific communities and the broader public are to be involved in communication processes. Read more
A Concise Profile
The ZAK | Centre for Cultural and General Studies aims at interdisciplinarity. It contributes to communicate between the sciences and the humanities and mediates between science and society by means of specific projects on the basis of the university’s concept of structure and development.
Tasks and Goals:
- Promoting interdisciplinary teaching at the university and the dissemination of knowledge following the tradition of the Liberal Arts
- Facilitating student education in career-relevant key qualifications
- Developing and offering innovative teaching and learning modules for interdisciplinary education
- Intensifying the dialogue between different academics in the area of social impact and cultural change
- Developing and organizing events intending to intensify the exchange between science and society
- Researching framework requirements and megatrends in the range of competence acquirement from the perspective of cultural studies
Read more about the ZAK.
Photo International Forum: matze_ott / photocase.de
Photo KIT in the City Hall: © Michael Zacher