The Jean Monnet Circle Seminar „European Integration and Institutional Studies“ offers a basic introduction into the social, political, cultural and economical developments of Europe – especially in the context of globalization and the process of European integration.
The course sessions take place on Fridays from 2pm – 5:15pm.
Venue: Building 20.30, Room 0.016
Course language will be English.
The following topics will be introduced by experts from different universities and institutes
(Winter Term 2017/18):
Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Schütt
Europe and Her Stories – Aspects of current narratives concerning the History of Present Europe
Prof. Dr. Dirk Wentzel
Europe Seen From Outside. Europe and Its Role in the World
Prof. Nikoleta Yordanova, PhD
Economic Aspects of European Integration
Judicial Aspects of European Integration
Prof. Dr. Caroline Y. Robertson-von Trotha
Identity and Diversity. Unity in Diversity as a European Vision
The Commission’s White Paper Process and the Future of European Integration
Prof. Dr. Monika Oberle
The European Union. Institutional Design, Democratic Deficit and Options of Reform
Formal Requirements, ECTS and Academic Performance
- Participation in all lectures of the Circle Seminar is obligatory.
- Credits can be received through a paper which deepens the topic of one lecture (in agreement with the respective lecturer).
- 2 ECTS credits can be acquired through active participation and preparation of the seminar.
- 3 ECTS credits can be acquired through a scientific paper (of 4 to 5 pages) elaborating on the assigned topic within 4 weeks after the respective lecture date.
- 4 ECTS credits can be acquired through a scientific paper (of 8 to 10 pages) elaborating on the assigned topic within 6 weeks after the respective lecture date.